I have an issue. Lately, all the recipes I’ve made are either:
a) from another blog or
b) old family recipes
Due to rather annoying, yet necessary morals, rules, and regulations concerning plagiarism and/ or copyright issues, option a is not an option to blog about. Due to the high importance placed by my Southern roots on keeping family recipes secret, option b can’t pull through either. For now.
What’s a girl to do?
After some difficult thinking, I decided to bring out a recipe ripped from a magazine or cut from a newspaper or printed from a blog so long ago I can’t possibly remember where it’s from. I can’t be held responsible for copyright then, can I?
Don’t answer that question, please.
Anyway, my sister and her friends first made these delicious bars one cold and rainy afternoon, much like the weather we’ve been having lately. Since then, my sisters and I have made them for countless bakesales, birthdays, teachers, offices, and parties. Everywhere, they’re a hit. You know what they say:
Never More S’mores Bars
For these yummy little things, you’ll need
-2 packages of graham crackers
-2/3 cup of butter, softened
-1 cup of brown sugar
-1 cup of sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tsp. cinnamon
-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1 1/4cup mini marshmallow
-2 regular, Hershey like chocolate bars cut into squares/ rectangles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a single layer of graham crackers, broken in half. Bake for four minutes and let cool.
2. Cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until just combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chips and 1 cup of marshmallows.
5. Use a large spoon to make mounds on top of each graham cracker square.
6. Bake for five minutes, then remove and sprinkle the remaining marshmallows and the chocolate bar pieces on top.
7 Bake for another 5-7 minutes. Let cool and enjoy (or cut warm and enjoy a more gooey version:).
Happy New Year! -Margaret